This unique workshop, presented by Kathy Yates and Rhonda Roorda, is open to the public and will include an interactive panel discussion with adoptees and adoptive parents. It’s ideal for anyone considering transracial adoption, parents of transracially adopted children, and adoption professionals. Topics include:
- The history of transracial adoption in the U.S.
- Understanding racism and coping with discrimination
- Developing a positive identity
- Gaining perspective to meet the needs of adoptees
- Building healthy transracial adoptive families
- Ongoing support of transracial families
Lunch will be served and is included in the registration fee. Register before September 15 and pay only $40 (registration after September 15 is $50). There is an additional cost of $20 for professionals requesting CEUs (5.5 CEUs are being offered, pending approval).
Contact Alivia at 616.667.0677 to register!